TNBR IEC 61850 System Verification and Simulation (SVS) Laboratory offers testing of IEC 61850 devices and systems.
The SVS Lab has been established since 2010 as platform for TNB to acquire IEC 61850 knowledge and practical experience through research, testing and training activities.
|Comprehensive IEC 61850 Testing|
|Extensive IEC 61850 Consultancy & Training Works|
|Telecommunication testing for current differential protection relay|
How Can We Help
Over the years of our establishment, we have developed distinctive features of our laboratory and we have well equipped facilities to support our operations. Our experts are also parts of National/ International Technical Committees.
Our comprehensive facilities:
- Secondary Injection Test Set
- IEC 61850 Client
- Network Monitoring and Management
- Third party IEC 61850 System Configuration Tool
- Sampled Value Analyzer
- IEC 61850 Conformance Test Tool
- Time Synchronization Test Tool
- Transient Network Simulator
Involvement in National/International Technical Committees
|CIGRE B5.53 (Test Strategy for Protection, Automation and Control Functions in a Full Digital Substation based on IEC 61850 Applications)||Mohd Iqbal Ridwan|
|CIGRE B5.59 (Requirements for Near Process Intelligent Electronic Devices)||Mohd Iqbal Ridwan|
|North America IEC 61850 Process Bus User Task Force||Mohd Iqbal Ridwan|
|SIRIM SG IEC 61850:Communication for Power Utility Automation||Mohd Iqbal Ridwan Muzlifah Hanim Zarmani|
List of Clients
We have extended our services to:
Client List for Testing Services
- ABB (M) Sdn. Bhd.
- Matrix Power Network Sdn. Bhd.
- Alstom Grid Pte Ltd
- Schneider Electric Industries (M) Sdn. Bhd.
- SIEMENS (M) Sdn. Bhd.
- PSI Incontrol Sdn. Bhd.
- Toshiba Transmission & Distribution Systems Asia Sdn. Bhd.
Client List for IEC 61850 Training and Consultancy Work
- Mitsubishi Research Institute (MRI) and Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), Japan
- Provincial Electricity Authority (PEA) and King Mongkut University of Technology North Bangkok (KMUTNB), Thailand
- TNB Repair and Maintenance Sdn Bhd
Azlan Bin Abdul Rahim
Head, System Verification & Simulation Lab